Manual testing ? Why using a tool for that?
Posted by Novalys Support on 28 August 2018 03:30 PM
There are many important reasons to manage manual tests with AscentialTest:
- Repeatability and consistency of manual tests:
You may need to reproduce the exact same operations and calculations from one test to another.
By providing the same instructions (which manipulation, which value to enter, etc.) to all testers,
for all test runs, you guaranty the consistency and the tests and the ability to compare their results.
That is often the case for instance when testing a web store.
- Traceability: you can keep track of who tested, from which machine, when, etc.
- Feedback: manual testers can capture snapshots while testing,
and stored them with test results for a better feedback to developers and decision makers.
- In some cases, a test must be partially manual, partially automated.
For instance some physical/manual operations are usually necessary when testing a cash register
(Get a check > validate it > click on a given button, etc.).
- Tester skills: a low business expertise is Ok if you can guide testers with very details instructions.
- Consolidation: consolidate the auto and manuals test results > give management or developers a comprehensive vision to make the right decision about a release.
More about Manual Testing: